Of what you may ask?
I’d reply, final year of M.B.B.S. The last year of being Ms. Bidisa Sarkar. The year left before i become Dr. Bidisa Sarkar.
My classes started from the 1st of Feb, 2016. My final exams will be held in Jan 2017.
Even before the classes had started, i had had a feeling that this year would be special. Not only because of the above mentioned reasons but also more. I cannot possibly explain that feeling.
Soon the year started and today, March 18, a rather unusual and surprising thing had had happened which made Debsie and me very very happy.
So i decided to pen down the final year incidents in my blog under the category THE FINAL YEAR.
But before i tell you more, you need to be educated on certain facts. Else you might get confused.
- M.B.B.S. course is of 4.5+1 years duration. 4.5 years is academic and 1 year comprises compulsory internship without completing which you do not become a doc, officially.
- We do not have year exams. We have Professional exams. There are 4 professional exams.
1st Prof: 1st and 2nd sems.
2nd Prof: 3rd, 4th and 5th sems.
3rd Prof Part I: 6th and 7th sems.
3rd Prof Part II: 8th and 9th sems.
- As a resultof this, 6 months the colleges have 5 batches and the rest 6 months 4 batches.
- 1st prof is casually termed 1st year, 2nd prof 2nd year, part I 3rd year and part tt final year.
- In 1st year, we have lectures-practicals-dissection.
- In 2nd year, we have lectures-clinics-practicals.
- In 3rd and final years, we have lectures-clinics-tutorials.
- The entire batch attends the lectures together but for all others, we are divided into groups and those as well are further divided into sub-groups.
My college happens to be one of the 7 medical colleges in Kolkata, West Bengal, India.
Certain names would be repeated more than others. Which names? Why?
Hold your horses 🙂
Things will be revealed gradually. You would get introduced to various characters who are apparently normal but scratch the surface, they are anything but normal.
P.S. Debsie is one of my gang-mate and my partner in classes and crime.
She has been mentioned in my previous blog posts as well.
Stay tuned for more.
If you want more, right now, do check my other posts.
ANOTHER IMPORTANT THING : just because it is categorised under THE FINAL YEAR does not mean that it would chronicle only the events of my final year but also tell tales of the past years 😉